Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Truthful Tuesday

A new category for me - maybe it'll get me blogging more! :)

My truth for the day? Here goes. I'm having a rotten mommy day. We were rushed this morning to get ready because my 3 year old wouldn't do what she was told. I asked her four times to get her clothes on. She finally did that and then it took another 3 times before she got her shoes on. All the while, I was finishing getting myself and my one year old dressed and ready to go out the door. By the time I got ready she STILL hadn't put her shoes on completely and I just lost it. She got a swat and I yelled just a little bit too much (okay, a LOT too much). We did all finally get in the car and headed to town and I was ONLY 15 minutes late for work. *sigh* Of course now I'm feeling guilty for overreacting at such a small thing. But when you're in the moment it just seems like the only thing, kwim?

Rough starts at our house just seem like they make for rough days. I'm trying to get better about that adn to not let my attitude ruin the rest of the day. Today is preschool day so I think I'll take those two hours to relax with Callan and de-stress so we'll have a good evening. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there that has rotten mommy moments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I can soooo relate. I hate it when I have bad mommy days, you feel rotten all day. Sometimes it's so hard to step back and not over react or yell. I hope your day gets better.

Jennifer said...

You are not the only one! We all have bad mommy moments! Hope you have a great rest of the day!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Nope, I had one myself this morning over just what DS1 was going to take for lunch. Lots of indecision on his part and last minute changes/ Ended with me shouting "You will take what I give you and deal with it!" at him. He's 5. Yeah. I'm not winning mother of the year.

I hoep the rest of your day goes better!

Chels said...

Hope the rest of your day gets better!

Unknown said...

I'm not a mom, but I KNOW every mom has those moments! Kids are trying! Lol!

I hope your day improves hon!

Nikki said...

Are you kidding me? I have those days at least 5 days a week. The morning struggle of getting everyone where they need to be with cranky kids, cranky spouse, and finally, cranky me (who snaps at everyone around me).
Tomorrow is another day! :) Hope it's better!

Vanessa said...

Don't you love 3 year olds. I swear some days I feel like pulling my hair out, my 3 year old doesn't like to listen and then says I'm sorry Mama. Ugh.

BTW, I've totally had those bad mommy moments.