Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reflections

Today is September 11. It's been 7 years since the World Trade Center collapsed. Unbelievable. I remember vividly what we were doing that morning. Paul and I had both taken the day off work so we could attend the state fair with my mom & dad. I was in the living room getting ready when the footage started rolling. I remember Harry Smith on CBS asking a woman on the phone why she thought a plane ran into the WTC because he couldn't see the footage we were seeing - which was obviously a plane hitting the building. :( We were glued to the TV and then to the radio on our way to the fair. Unbelievable.

This day also brings back memories of finding out we were expecting our first child. Corbin just happens to be a "9/11" baby even though we'd been trying for months to get pregnant. It was a coincidence that we finally succeeded so close to 9/11. I remember thinking when we found out that we were pregnant that it was God's way of helping us deal with the tragedies that were going on in the world. To give us hope of a better tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who lost or gave their lives in the 9/11 tragedy.

No comments: